The benefits of a credit monitoring system:
- Updates on any changes to your credit report and score
- It can notify you of fraudulent activity
- Educates you on the areas of which you need improvement
Keeping track of what you work so hard for is vital, but which one works the best?Though these systems have many similarities they also have many differences. Ultimately it is your decision to make, but here are some pointers to help in the search:
- Always be aware of the monthly membership fee’s. Most of them will have some sort of free trial, but will charge you anywhere from $20-$50/month depending on the service after the trial period.
- Find out if the service provides email notifications of any changes quickly after they occur or if you will only receive updates on a monthly basis.
- Will this service provide all three reports and scores or just one or two.